Milodon Gear Drives are designed for “All Out Competition” but work well in ANY application (including street). When installed right, these units could last indefinitely due to zero wear and overall brute strength. Cam timing accuracy and consistency are the key to accessing 100% of the cam’s available power. A timing chain or an “easy to install” $150 gear drive can not provide this.
Milodon’s professionally proven “Fixed Idler Gear” system is capable of keeping the precise cam timing. This allows the cam to work to its maximum potential power. Cam timing adjustments are easy to perform on the Full Cover Style Assembly through the removable billet cam cover. The adjustment is achieved by changing the position of the cam gear on the cam hub. It is a simple bolt-on procedure with no offset dowels or keys to mess with. We give you a chart to show the exact position for a desired advance or retard once top dead center is found.
A professional style three gear unit, unlike a four gear type, does not rob any power from the engine. The billet steel gears are mounted solidly to the block. This will not and can not allow the timing to vary, unlike a flexible belt or chain. These factors add up to increased horsepower output and higher RPM potential.
• Allows precise camshaft degreeing using Milodon’s adjustable bolt pattern cam gear and hub assembly.
• Incorporates a full cast aluminum front cover with a removable cam cover that allows quick and easy access to the cam gear for adjustments and cam removal.
• Mounts the fixed idler gear solidly into the main cover itself. This fixed idler system will fully compensate for any crank position, even if the block has been severely align bored, without any sacrifices.
• Uses positive cam end play adjustment and a three-piece roller bearing behind the cam gear to control cam movement, reduce power-robbing drag and stop block face wear.
• NO block machining is required. Hand tools are required to drill and ream the positioning dowel pin holes which, with care, can be done at home.
• Available in the standard “flat cover” configuration which uses a stock style water pump or the “injected/blown with fuel pump drive” style that does not use a stock-style water pump. Blown engines will require a fuel pump extension.
• For Small Block Chevys, stock factory and Milodon short pumps fit over the 12000 drive with the hardware provided. Big Block short water pumps will not fit over the 12600 drive without additional spacing.