Fifth Annual JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout, now Pre-Entry ONLY
Benton, IL: The “Biggest Little Door Car Race in the Midwest” returns to I-57 Dragstrip July 17-19. For the first time in event history, the SDCS will be a pre-entry event. Last season, over 220 competitors from across North America converged on the small Southern Illinois facility, filling I-57 Dragstrip to near capacity. In an effort to keep the JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout manageable and enjoyable for all competitors, event promoters have adopted a unique pre-entry procedure. Details include:
• Pre-Entry forms will be mailed to past SDCS participants. These entry forms will be released on a schedule based upon the number of past SDCS events attended (those who have been to more past events will have the first opportunity to enter). Release dates below.
• A $100 pre-entry deposit reserves your spot in the SDCS. Deposit can be paid via check or credit card with your entry form. That $100 deposit will apply to entry fees, with the balance to be paid at the event. Your deposit applies to any entry you choose (you don’t have to run all 3 days).
• Pre-Entry is 100% refundable. If for any reason you’re unable to attend the event, you’ll receive a full refund ASAP, no questions asked.
• The 5th annual SDCS will be limited to the first 225 entrants.
• THERE WILL BE NO NEW ENTRIES SOLD AT THE EVENT!
(Past SDCS Events Attended) Pre-Entry Form Release Dates
(4) February 1
(3) March 1
(2) April 1
(1) May 1
(Open to new entrants) June 1
Over the next five months, pre-entry forms will be mailed to racers who have attended the SDCS in years past. Assuming that 225 entries have not been accepted by June 1, an entry form will be made available to the public, and new competitors may enter at that time. Once 225 entries are accepted, the field will be set and no new entries will be taken.
In addition to the new pre-entry format, the 5th annual SDCS offers several new and improved features. For one, the purse has doubled in the Auto Meter Friday Pregame event, as that race will now pay $5,000 to win! Sunset Performance and Ohio Crankshaft will present the Quick 16 and King Of Illinois bonus races, respectively. The SDCS prize vault has grown once again, as in 2015 over $30,000 in prizes will be awarded directly to SDCS competitors (in addition to the $50,000+ guaranteed cash purse). This will also mark the first SDCS in which the popular “Door” Prize program will extend into Friday’s Auto Meter Pregame event. The proof is on the flyer: with increased specialty awards, unprecedented “Door” Prizes, and a deep cash purse, nearly EVERY SDCS competitor will leave I-57 Dragstrip with something of value!
Past SDCS entrants, look for your entry form via mail in the coming months. For those of you looking forward to attending the SDCS for the first time in 2015; mark your calendars not only for July 17-19, but also for June 1 for your opportunity to enter the “Biggest Little Door Car Race in the Midwest!” For complete details view the event flyer. To stay up to date with the latest SDCS news and announcements, visit www.I57sdcs.com and “like” the Summer Door Car Shootout on Facebook.
This web site remains property and copyright of This is Bracket Racing 2018